Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pleasant Weekend - Tianmei

What a pleasant weekend.

Saturday brought me estimated 1.5kg of mail from Swiss International Airlines. It appears our national airline was satisfied with my qualifications and decided to let me take part in their training programme for cabin crew members. HR Management sent me a contract to sign along with a medical survey and half a dozen of regulation booklets. I am set to begin training on February 1, 2010.


Until then, I will be fully engaged in our family business "Daochu" which produces solar energy products for remote use. (www.daochu.ch)
We will work on a new corporate design and other updates (especially logos and homepage) for the next couple of months. From what I can tell so far, the new appearance is going to look a lot more structured and is scheduled to launch December 1st, 2009.

After sucessfully introducing the new design, I will be lucky to have a few days off and will treat myself with a long weekend in my declared favourite city Hong Kong.



The trip is booked for Dec. 2-8 and I am really looking forward to breathe some pacific breeze and meet old friends. My girlfriend asked for leave at Guangxi University in Nanning and will join me there for pre-christmas shopping and sightseeing around the harbour. No question I am really excited and can't wait to celebrate my birthday a second time in the "Harbour of smells". It will be my sixth visit to the city in 30 months time.

This weekend's culinary discovery was embedded in an extensive late lunch / early dinner. My little sister celebrated her 11th birthday earlier this week so we invited some relatives over for a little catching up with friends and family.
After we had feasted upon delicious treats from "Sprüngli", a bottle of "Loupiac", a sweet dessert wine, was opened and served with a selection of blue mold cheese. This combination is new territory to my tastebuds but is delicious nonetheless. The bitter, acrid taste of the cheese and the sweet, heavy wine wedded to some flavourful experience that could also emerge from a cigar in its "sick period" but has a much more creamy finish - A revelation I'll have to futher investigate in the future.

I checked that wonderful weekend out with a "Ramon Allones Specially Selected". It's one of the cigars that are considered "les indetrônables" by many publications worldwide. And I must say: This one lived up to the hype.


So far, life seems great and I'm really looking forward to get some early sleep tonight and get ready for another exciting week in approximately eight hours.

Cheers to that great weekend and also cheers to embracing the good life in all its facets!




So this post's character shall simply be "Tian Mei", "pleasant". The character "Tian" itself stands for "sweet" which is also a link to tonight's sweet wine. "Mei" on the right side stands for "beautiful".
Beautiful and sweet. That's how life treats you if you let it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment